Posted by Elithraniel Arawion on Sunday, October 12, 2008
Well, i am gearing up for my constitution exam.... umm... actually no... my exam is in a day and i have 442 articles and 12 schedules (i'm copying this outta my reference book!) to study. I have barely started :(.... uh oh.... i have a lonnnnnnnnnnng night ahead of me.. well.. i did study one part of the subject... 'Emergency Provisions'. And this is exactly what i was doing/thinking to remember the answers (believe me i have very wierd methods to help me remember) when i was going through it :
The indian constitution provides for three unnatural situations:
1. The security of india or any part thereof is under threat due to war, external aggression or armed rebellion (security>>>watchman>>>old deaf man in my flat with unbuttoned blue shirt and navy blue pants that feebly hang on to his over sized waist>> battling with his stick against an army>> '300' style)
2. Failure of consitutional machinary in any state or any part of india thereof (machine>>a board called 'state' on it in very haphazard handwriting *much like mine*>>>it steams>> smoke coming out of it>>>'i'm sick' board hanging from it)
3. Financial status of india or any part thereof is theatened (very rich guy >>> with car and all>> jewellery hanging>>>cell phone in one hand>>>girl in the other>> with a devil and his fork breathing down his neck)
1. If the president is satisfied that the security of india or any part thereof is under threat due to war, external agression or armed rebellion, he can proclaim national emergency according to article 352. He can impose it even before the situation actually happens.
2. This move has to be approved by 2/3 of the parliament
3. If the parliament does not approve, the procamation ceases to exist
4. State emergency is called 'Presiden't Rule'
5. The president takes over the state
6. National Emergency suspends fundemental rights
7. Indira Gandhi declared emergency in 1975 saying "internal disturbances"
8. Financial emergency lasts for 2 months
9. Emergency provisions were taken from Germany
1. If i am satisfied that my stomach is under threat due to rumbling, grumbling and certain other noises, then i can open the fridge and look for snacks. I can even look for them before the situation arises, if i am satisfied the situation will arise.
2. This move has to be approved by my father (or he shouldn't be watching, which rarely happens)
3. If he does not approve, i retire back to my room (hungry!)
4. My father calls me 'You fool' :(
5. What is Angelina Jolie doing now?
6. Father finds novel inside my 'Indian Constitution' book and throws it off... cha... good things always come to an end :(
7. *Dreaming* 'Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kitten, bitter copper kettles and warm woolen mittens......'.... crap! I need to study...
8. Emergency situation coming up in 2 days!!
9. In case of emergency, please tear the following and take to the exam hall!