Lowe and Father P


Yes... another Father P post!!! What a celebrity he has become :P

This afternoon, Father P was 'cleaning' by college bag (snooping around, more like) and found a fastrack box with a watch inside it. "Who is this for? Did the college give you this for achieving something?", he asked. What would any sane person do at this question? Laugh. Yes. And that's what i did. "What makes you think my college will sponsor a fastrack watch for me?". He thought for a while and examined the watch. "Then who gave this? Some boy right?". At this too i laughed. A little louder.

Father P got a little angry. He put up a hand to stop me from saying anything and went into deep thought. I guess he wanted to find out who gave me the watch but his ego prevented him from taking the simple way out; asking me! After 5 minutes of guessing wrong, he gave up. I explained that a friend had bought it for her boyfriend and i was safeguarding it till the coast was clear to give it to him...

"Oh!", he said and smiled widely. I wondered what had gone wrong with him! I thought parents were supposed to chide their children if they help their friends with 'lowe' matters. But here, my dad was sitting and smirking at me. And then came his punch dialogue...

"History repeats itself"

I was silent for more than a minute, which is very unlikely when i am talkin to dad. First of all, i didn't understand what he meant by history repeating itself. Cause as far as i know he hasn't had any romantic relationships! Then again, i thought, neither have i. Maybe he's rubbing it in! Second of all, what a punch dialogue and what a smirk! :P

I ordered him to explain. "Well. I'm very surprised that you haven't figured it out yet. I did this too in college", he proudly exclaimed. What?!?! All these 20 years i had been subject to his 'college' stories about how the food was bad and he was the first in class (in med school!! can you believe that? what a nerd!) and how ... ok.. let's not get there :P Anyway, to put it in a nutshell all his college stories were boring.. and repetitive (Yes, i must have heard the incident about his bed bugged bed sum 100 times!) and i always ran away when he began. But this side of Father P, i had never known!

"You what?" i asked rather dumbly. "Yes, my best friend's sister was in love with another friend but he was against it. So i took them to tirupathi in a train and married them off. Before this happened, i used to be the messenger delivering notes here and there!", he laughed. I was dumbstruck! I have had the coolest, adventure-driven dad who helped couples (so i guessed he was anti ram sena) and i didn't know it all along! What a waste of life i am!! I decided to test waters...

"I shall note this down. Father P... smirks, helps couples, buys them train tickets and gets them married in register offices", i mocked writing them down in a piece of paper. "Why? do you know anyone in love who needs help?", he joked. "Of course. You are staring right at her", i told him, waiting in anticipation for the reply......

After 2 minutes... he looks up at me seriously..

"Really? Can i meet your boyfriend?".

My heart stopped beating that instant. Was this really Father P? He wanted to meet my imaginary non-existent boyfriend? I thought he was going to ground me for a week and make me break up with my figment of imagination (damn it! i rub it in myself! hmpf!)

"Sure.. i'll bring him home. What would you tell him if i did?". I was curious.

"I would tell him to quit while he's ahead. And work on his taste. Especially in women"

:|

And he did it again!

35 comments:

BloggerMouth said...

Lmao! I agree with Father P regarding his taste in women. I mean come on! Which sane guy would actually last after going out with you for a week :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ BM
thank you very much. that was very encouraging :|

Lancelot said...

me the second...

Lancelot said...

ha ha ha another good shot by your father...your father is always right u know...and I seriously doubt about your fictional boy friend...don't weave stories...ok...

//(so i guessed he was anti ram sena) //

he is not he is pro ram sena - Ram Sena also got the couples married :P

Anonymous said...

sooper dad.. hope he helps my love too.. salma hayek.. penelope cruz.. edhavadhu figure kitta enna pathi sonna pothum...

Anonymous said...

actually my original comment is

"aaawwwwww"

Anonymous said...

but "aaaw" appadinu comment panna kooddaadhunudhaan , ippadi comment pannein...

Mayank said...

i don't know who to praise here.. ur father for his AMAZING sense and timing.. or you, for writing it all so wonderfully here :D

enchanting piece :) seems like a malgudi days series :P love it.

Arv said...

awww gal... dad was at his usual witty best but then I think he made a mistake... in his last line. :)

Lucifer said...

ROFL!!!!! i alrdy like him for helpin out ur poor imaginary bf...now i kno where u get ur sense of humor from

Thoorika said...

I second your dad!! on the last line !!!!!!! :P

Moonlight said...

Lol... ur dad is simply amazingly brilliant de!!

I especially agree with him on that last line about "taste in women" :P

But not to worry.... u seem to have inherited his sense of humour atleast...

Swetha said...

LOL.. nice dad de.. i second ur dad :D :D.. n btw nice post!! :P :D

Frustrations Amalgamated said...

You have a cool dad. My dad kicks my ass for going around with this woman with a crew cut. He was like " priya why u going around with guys who look so girlish ... This will tarnish our family image.when i tell him she is a gurl he freaks out more about my sexual orientation." Dad's are always weird!! Men Afterall!!

Pesto Sauce said...

Really amusing....good to know you are friends with your Dad

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ lance..

weaving stories a? me A? i'm suchan innocent child :(

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ chris

awwwwww :P nice comment.. will put application to father p abt ur love story

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ dum d

this is malgudi days? :P just a dose of how it is for me at home everyday!! hehehe thanks

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ arv

ur the best!! :) only one to support me :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ mayz

thank u thank u :P shall make u meet dad once

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ thoorika
agree agree :P who cares

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ iysh
so much praise for dad.. where praise for me :( i only wrote abt him.. damn!

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ swetha

podi.. thank u thank u :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ pesto

thanks :)

Anandit _ Andy said...

lovely blog!! keep up the good work!!

Nikhil Menon said...

I luurrvv ur dad..Much like daddy cool.. ;)

so,wen shall I cum down to meet him?? :p

Nikhil

Archana said...

sorry anusha. I ve missed quite a feew posts. Will be regular henceforth:-)

Nee veetlayum kooda bulb vaangariya?:P

Fathers....:P

Anonymous said...

NiCE!

Anonymous said...

aaaawwwww.. indha sound effect comment enakku pudichurukudhu..


aaaaaawwww
awwww
aaaww

The Eternal Seeker said...

rofl

Anonymous said...

ROTFL....ha ha ha ha!!!
that sounds so much like my dad...except that i knew all of him from a v young age. Being the hero of the day in doing thiruttu kalayanam...
and i'm glad to know abtthe best piece of advice he has to offer his future son-in-law..lol
luv u anu

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://edyporukyf.mindnmagick.com/xuwypyw.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

deserts outrage transferable goes salem gandhi conserve donts fgllksa internets protective
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

transfer dashboard bellary beta dashes being quota barring agendadcita gmtexpires disks
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]