What happens when.... Part III


Your father gives you directions...


Hey all.. i wasn't around for a while.. and now i'm back... with another story on my dad ;) .. boy the stories just keep coming don't they.. not anything for him to feel happy about but still... :P

Yesterday i had to go to the doctor (no no, not my dad.. another one) and i didn't know the way. My father prides himself in his directional skills and offered to tell me the way to the doc's place.. here's the conversation..

Dad: Do you have the written address?

Me: No

Dad: Do you know where it is?

Me: No

Dad: Do you know your name?

Me: I think so..

Dad: Don't irritate.. now i wil tell you only once.. listen carefully.. and repeat after me

Me: Don't irritate... now i wil tell you only once.. listen carefully.. and repeat after me

(Dad gives look)

Dad: Walk straight

Me: Walk straight

Dad: Ok don't repeat after me. I will give you accurate directions now.. listen and if u get lost, call me on the way

Me: Done. Now give me the directions before he closes his clinic for the day

Dad: Don't mock me or i won't tell you the address

Me: sigh.... i give up

Dad: Ok listen

Me: .......

Dad: Walk straight

Me: You already mentioned this part

Dad: Oh... then somewhere there take a left. Go staight one right will come

Me: Only one right ?

Dad: Actually many.. but you choose one. . then go down that.. there will be some supermarket.. i think near that will be a left turn.. take that.. keep walking and you will find his house on ur left... no right... actually depends which direction ur coming from.. hmmm..

Me: These are accurate directions?

Dad: What am i? A GPS?.. i helped you best i could.. now scoot.. and call me if you are lost

(Me gets lost in two mins.. calls dad)

Me: Pa.. i'm lost

Dad: Hello, lost. Is my daughter around?

Me: !!!!! Stop cracking jokes.. now tell me the way

Dad: How can i tell you when i don't know where you are?

Me: I walked straight took a left and took a right.. now i don't know where i am

Dad: Which right did you take?

Me: I don't remember

Dad: Then how can i help you? Is there a supermarket around there somewhere?

Me: Umm.... no... not a big one

Dad: Then come out of that right and take the next right..

Me: Will the supermarket be in the next right?

Dad: Only one way to find out...

Me: Pa!!!!

Dad: See.. first you don't listen to me.. then you don't follow my directions.. and now you shout at me after getting lost.. i'm keeping the phone now.. don't disturb.. i'm very busy...

Me: Doing what?

Dad: I found a chocolate bar in your room...

Me: Don't tell me you are eating it!!!!

Dad: I think i just opened it and put one half into my mouth

Me: Why are you stealing your daughter's food?

Dad: Cause i felt like stealing a candy from a baby..

Me: Ok please tell me how to get to the clinic..

Dad: Ask people around for the supermarket dumbo.. now keep the phone.. i promise i'll send a search party if you don't call me back in half hour..

Half hour later... Dad calls

Dad: Where art thou?

Me: I don't know

Dad: Still searching?

Me: Yeah

Dad: I just found a packet of lays in your bag... (sings) no one can eat just one

Me: Paaaa!!!!!

END OF STORY
Moral of the story: Never leave your room unprotected from a parent... Especially one that loves junk food as much as you do...

P.S: I managed to reach the doc's clinic 45 minutes late..

43 comments:

Abhishek Behera said...

yaa!! me first!

that was just ...!!! I would definite love your family on TV! you are way better/cooler than usual sitcoms.

Lancelot said...

me the second..

Abhishek Behera said...

btw, wolfie - really you didn't make this up, did you?

p.s.: lolz/rofl/frwding url to wingmates

Lancelot said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha .... a very good read... very funny... sounds exactly like the conversation between my sister and me... these are the small things which keeps the life going...

i liked the part hELLO LOST IS MY DAUGHTER AROUND LOL :P

Thoorika said...

I am going to come to your house next weekend.. gotta meet ur dad!

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ abhishek

;) thanks for being first.. and yes i'm plannin to bring my dad on national television.. and no i didn't joke.. i actually walked for half hour tryin to find d clinic!!

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ lancelot

thanks man :) and yes they keep our life moving :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ thoorika

you are most welcome :P

Unknown said...

I know its a recession but dads stealing food from daughters is unprecedented.

Nice post..

Kartz said...

Your father sure has an uber sense of humour.

Peace.

---
Greetings,

Just a random blog-hopper...

Peace. Have a nice day.

Rakesh said...

funny girl... funnier dad... :)

Lancelot said...

edjuseme...

i don't even know the spelling of maaakel, or nakeel?? and you call me a nakul party??? enna koduma saroja ithu?

Nikhil Menon said...

how abt dis on tv as abi says??Believe me,super hit..!! Kno wot??I gotta surprise for ya?get to ur coll for the details..!! :)

Take care dearie.. :)

Nikhil

Lucifer said...

i think humor runs in ur family...

**Me: Pa.. i'm lost

Dad: Hello, lost. Is my daughter around?

LOL...ROFL!!!!!!!! that actually had me in splits!!! my mom came runnin from d other room thinkin m havin fits :P

Arv said...

romba kashtam..

I have to meet him and let him know about all this :P

@thoorika... am joining with you... we are going to her place this weekend... LOL..

take care da... cheers...

Anya said...

write lot of love letters addressed to you and put it inside your bag...

watch the fun

Swetha said...

hahah... nice dad.. i like him :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ shishir

plz educate my dad on that

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ kartz

welcome to ma space :) keep coming back and dad says thanks :P actually no he doesn't..

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ rakesh

thank u thank u :)

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ lancelot

wat are you trying to say? that u r innocent??

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ multi

u think?!?!?!

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ mayz

humor doesn't run ;) ok that was a PJ

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ Arv

ahhh my dad has a fan base now.. wonder where my fan base is!! someone come home to see me no

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ chriz

u WISH... why u want to undakify kalavaram in family?

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ swetha

solla maate!

Lancelot said...

@ wolf

of course I am innocent hot cute sweet handsome boy...any doubts u r directed to conth oops cinthoo :P

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ lance

enna kodumai saravana!!! thoorika... enga poita... vandhu inga plz enna kaapathu

Arv said...

I can do that :)

I take it that one must come with some goodies from gangotree :P

Lancelot said...

@ Wolf...

he he he onaaikku onaan saatchiyaa??

Elithraniel Arawion said...

@ arv

awwww thanks :)

@ lance..

onaan a? thoorika? hehehehe

Lancelot said...

naaan palamozhi thaan sonnen neengathan than thoorika va onaanu solli irukeenga :P

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Lol! This is hilarious! I like the daddy-daughter tug here!

Unknown said...

Gr8 to know my sister has so many ppl reading her blog...i want her to write a comic based only on 2 characters....she and her dad will be the only char's...It`ll be a blockbuster like cha cha chowdry, biloo, tin tin....


Good Luck...

Eliberat Fata said...

@ lance

yen ipdi enna vambu la maati vidara

Eliberat Fata said...

@ rakesh

thanks thanks :)

Eliberat Fata said...

@ vijay

dei enna da sudden a comment la pannirka :) niceee... my bro is actually commenting :) tat too on my blog.. :P very nice

Anonymous said...

roflmao!!!

first time here but i am in love with ur father! hahaha

Mayank said...

hehehehehehe!!! :) :) wow! its as if u've put life into the whole thing! Kudos! :) LOVE IT.

Lancelot said...

@ Divyashri @ anusha @ Wolf

Narayana Narayana...

tulipspeaks said...

it was hilarious!! :-)
i enjoyed the post!


ammu.

Lancelot said...

Youngistan Kartik & One of a Kind Lancelot anbudan alaikirom...

http://lancelot-kartik.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank u ;-) look at this emo boy one on this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com